The amazing beaches of Naxos are one of the most important reasons for travelers to visit the island. Sandy, unspoiled, with rocky surroundings, kilometers long and last but not least crystal clear turquoise waters are just a few words to describe the beauty of Naxos beaches!
In Naxos travelers can find beaches that are ideal for swimming, for kitesurfing and windsurfing, for snorkeling, for fishing, for diving in wrecks and caves.
In the list below the beaches are divided in four sides according to the way of approaching by vehicles.
- On the south west side of the island some of the most beautiful beaches are: Agios Georgios, Agios Prokopios, Agia Anna, Plaka, Orkos, Mikri Vigla, Kastraki, Glyfada, Aliko and Pyrgaki.
- On the north west side of the island the most popular beaches are: Abram, Amitis
- On the north east side of the island some of the most popular beaches are: Apollonas, Azalas, Moutsouna, Lionas and Azalas.
- On the south east side of Naxos you can find: Agiassos, Kalandos, Kleido, Psili Ammos and Panormos
Below the beaches are categorized by activities
- For couples and families with children that prefer to relax and ejoy swimming Mikri Vigla and most of the beaches on the south west side of Naxos are ideal!
- For windsurfing and kitesurfing as ideal beaches are considered by far the north side of MIkri Vigla beach (Parthenos), Plaka beach and the area of Laguna.
In every area you can find exclusive sport centers that provide training lessons and equipment.
- For divers the ideal beach is Agios Prokopios where training courses are provided in a training center.
- Caves and totally virgin unspoiled beaches are Rina and Kalandos where access is mostly suggested by excursions and sailing boats.